Tree care and Trimming
Whether your trees are young or old, tree trimming is almost inevitable if you are a homeowner. Proper tree pruning and tree maintenance is important to overall tree health and can enhance the beauty of any landscape. Today’s topic is tree care and trimming.
Trimming Your Trees
Trees may need to be trimmed, pruned or removed for a variety of reasons:
- Branches may be diseased, dead or broken
- To promote new growth
- To thin the tree's crown/to reduce the height
- Branches are obstructing or in the way
- Aesthetic reasons
Tools and Equipment for This Project
- Towable Aerial Lift : reaches branches up to 61 feet working height for trimming and pruning mature trees.
- Chainsaw: makes rough cuts, so they’re primarily used for cutting down trees, making firewood and trimming large branches.
- Stump Grinder: removes the stump of a tree after tree has been removed.
- Power Saw Pole Pruner: allows for powered pruning and trimming of larger branches, but with a pole reaching up to 12 feet in the air. Great option for those who want to stay on the ground.
- Manual Tree Trimmer: gives easy extension and balance for leverage to cut small tree branches.
Whether you are pruning small branches, cutting down an entire tree, or removing a tree stump, it is important to take the right safety precautions to avoid injury. OSHA provides many safety tips for tree trimming and removal.